1 eggplant, sliced to about 1/4 inch thickness
1/4 cup of mayo
1/4 cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbs parm cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp paprika
about a tsp of salt
1. Slice the eggplant either long ways or in rounds. lay out on a plate or in a bowl for draining and sprinkle salt across the top. Let sit 30 mins.
2. Flip each slice. salt the other side. Let sit another 30 mins. (I know, this sounds like a really long time, but you want to drain as much moisture out as possible before you start the actual cooking process.)
3. Pat each slice dry.
4. In a shallow bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients: breadcrumbs, cheese and seasoning.
5. Spread mayo evenly across both sides of each slice. Drop the slice into the bread crumb mixture, shake to coat evenly.
6. Place eggplant slices in the air fryer. Cook at 320 for 16 minutes. Flip the slices, cook another 11 mins on 370.
7. Once nicely browned, serve with alfredo pasta or lasagna.